Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols

Goodreads Summary:

HOW FAR WOULD YOU GO?

All Meg has ever wanted is to get away. Away from high school. Away from her backwater town. Away from her parents who seem determined to keep her imprisoned in their dead-end lives. But one crazy evening involving a dare and forbidden railroad tracks, she goes way too far...and almost doesn't make it back.

John made a choice to stay. To enforce the rules. To serve and protect. He has nothing but contempt for what he sees as childish rebellion, and he wants to teach Meg a lesson she won't soon forget. But Meg pushes him to the limit by questioning everything he learned at the police academy. And when he pushes back, demanding to know why she won't be tied down, they will drive each other to the edge -- and over…

My Review:

I enjoyed reading this book and getting to know the two main characters. It was interesting to see them interact.

At the half way point, I wasn’t sure if the book would end up being a tragic romance, happy ending romance or go in a whole other direction….and then the book made me cry a little. I was definitely leaning towards a certain type after that.

What kind of book did it end up being, you say? Tsk Tsk, I can’t tell you that or it would spoil the book! You’ll just have to find out for yourself :)

PS, I think this book would be great as a movie!

3 comments

  1. Ya know, I have never read anything from this Author! I have always wanted to. I should just do it.

    Hey I heard there was an Earthquake just a bit ago. I didn't feel it, did you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was the first book I've read by Echols. She has a couple others I want to read too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book is up as a nominee for the Indiana library association Eliot Rosewater awards for best teen YA book. It is a contest that only teens can vote for. I haven't read it yet, but after reading your review I am definitely intrigued. I'm off to see if our public library has a copy.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and will try to respond to comments as much as possible.