I’ve Been Tagged!!


Karla at Book Addict blog tagged me so here goes…

Tag Rules:

1. You must post the rules.

2. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then create ten new questions to ask the people that you have tagged.

3. Tag eleven people and link to them on your post.

4. Let them know you've tagged them!

My answers to Karla’s questions:

1.What is your Favorite book ever?

I’m going to cheat and pick two books. So far they are the only books I have read more than once.
-Poison Study (Study #1) by Maria V. Snyder
-Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronté

2.If you had to choose a character of one book to meet in real life, who would it be?

I’m never good at answering questions like this so I'm going to cheat again and say 'pass'

3.If a thief entered your house to steal your library, what book would you try to save and why?

I would try to save as many of my signed books as possible...all the rest can be replaced. If I had to pick ONE book to rescue I would pick signed copy of Poison Study.  It is the original first edition hard back and I could probably find another one but there’s more sentimental value to my copy. It’s signed and dated back in ’05 and it was Maria’s first book signing for her first novel. It was also the first signing I had been to as well.

4.If you were a character in a book what type of character would you be?

Hhmmm, I would like my book character to be a determined, kick butt chick

5.Have you found a book that made you cheer for the bad guy to win? Which book was it and why?

Well, there could be a lot…or none. Cryptic much? I think the male  ‘love interests’ in a lot of books can be, well, asses but sometimes I find myself still wanting them to get the girl. Other than that, I don’t normally root for the bad guy. I guess it depends on how the book is written.  Writers can spin the story however they want. I hope that at least makes a little sense, haha.

6.Who is the worst character you´ve found while reading a book?

Worst as in a bad guy or worst as in worst written? How about I go with a character trait that annoys me? I don’t like when characters are whiney. I understand that, obviously, bad things are going to happen to people in books but I enjoy the read more when there’s minimal whining before they get back up and dust themselves off.

7.Do you choose your books by the cover or the blurb?

Honestly, it’s different with each book. Sometimes I buy it based solely on the cover and/or blurb and sometimes I will pick a book only because a friend said I would like it. And there are the rare occasions where I read the blurb and skim some reviews.

8.Do you have any strange reading habits? if so what are they?

This ties in with my answer for question 7.
Most of the time I will read a book blurb when I buy it but after that I avoid anything to do with the book like the plague. Blurbs and reviews sometimes will give away details and I prefer to know as little as possible about the book so I’m surprised as I read.

9.Hardback, Paperback or ebook?

I like paperback and ebooks…and sometimes if I have a book in both formats I will switch back and forth while reading.

10.Give a list of your top 5 book boyfriends....

I don’t really have book boyfriends. I guess I just prefer to watch everyone fight over boyfriends from the sidelines ;)

Who I am Tagging

I’m not going to specifically tag anyone. Instead I’ll say that if you want to give the questions a whirl, then go for it! I just ask that you add a link to your post in the comments below.

My questions for you

1.      What is the first book you remember reading that really stuck with you?
2.      What is your go to genre? That one genre that can always snap you out off a book slump?
3.      If you’re a blogger, what is your favorite thing about your blog? A certain meme? Your layout?
4.      As a blog reader, what attracts you to a blog?
5.      If you could get a signed/personalized book from any author who would it be?
6.      If you could have any book character as a roommate who would you pick and why?
7.      Do you prefer to cozy up and read or read on the go?
8.      What is your favorite bookmark?
9.      Do you like to set reading goals for yourself?
10.   If so, what goals do you have for 2012?

4 comments

  1. I was tagged recently. These are a great way of getting to know a blogger. I enjoyed reading your answers.
    -FABR Steph@FiveAlarmBookReviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I like your questions, I'll do it on my fun Friday in 2 weeks (remind me, LOL)

    I like your answer to #4 - I would play a scorned woman who kicks butt to get even! I love books with a strong female character.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Karla & Steph!

    Wendy, I'm glad you're going to take a stab at it! I'm not any better at remembering than you are but I'll try to remember to remind you ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and will try to respond to comments as much as possible.