Shelf Candy Saturday (1) Luminosity & When the Sea is Rising Red


For my very first Shelf Candy post, I decided to showcase two book covers.

Luminosity by Stephanie Thomas


My name is Beatrice. When I was born, I was blessed with the Sight. I was immediately removed from my parents and enrolled in the Institution. At the age of twelve, I had my first true vision, earning my raven’s wings. And when I turned seventeen, one of my visions came true. Things haven’t been the same since. 

The Institution depends on me to keep the City safe from our enemy, the Dreamcatchers, but I’m finding it harder to do while keeping a secret from everyone, including my best friend Gabe. It is a secret that could put us all in danger. A secret that could kill me and everyone close to me. 

The enemy has been coming to me in my dreams, and I think I'm falling in love with him. He says they're coming. He says they're angry. And I think I've already helped them win.




This cover really caught my eye when I first saw it. For one, I love blue and I'm sure you'll be seeing many more blue covers on my Shelf Candy posts! I also really like her eye make up...all it takes is one small detail to make the cover all that more interesting.

Stephanie  Thomas' Blog
Goodreads
Amazon


When the Sea is Rising Red by Cat Hellisen


After seventeen-year-old Felicita’s dearest friend, Ilven, kills herself to escape an arranged marriage, Felicita chooses freedom over privilege. She fakes her own death and leaves her sheltered life as one of Pelimburg’s magical elite behind. Living in the slums, scrubbing dishes for a living, she falls for charismatic Dash while also becoming fascinated with vampire Jannik. Then something shocking washes up on the beach: Ilven's death has called out of the sea a dangerous, wild magic. Felicita must decide whether her loyalties lie with the family she abandoned . . . or with those who would twist this dark power to destroy Pelimburg's caste system, and the whole city along with  it.







This is another newer book that I've come across. I have to admit that the little red swooshy thing separating the title from the authors name bugs me a bit, but aside from that I really like this cover. It looks spooky with the soft misty water and what is most likely a dead body.

Cat Hellisen's Website
Goodreads
Amazon
Barnes & Nobles


Thanks for checking out my shelf candy! I hope you all have something sweet on your shelves!

5 comments

  1. Ohh, I like the Red Sea Rising cover! Very creepy-isk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices! I really like the Luminosity cover, her eye shadow design is gorgeous. I also agree with Sonnie - the Red Sea Rising cover is awesome too and slightly creepy. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by Sonnie & Lauren!

    I have a confession, I preordered Luminosity mostly based on the cover :) I hope it can live up to the expectations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of these covers are wonderful. When the Sea is Rising is a personal favorite. It is so creepy. Thank you for sharing both of these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Luminosity sounds awsome!! And I love her eyes... so freaky but kinda cool?

    Thanks for sharing Jen :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and will try to respond to comments as much as possible.