Shelf Candy Saturday (10): 666 Park Avenue by Gabriella Pierce

Shelf Candy Saturday is hosted by Five Alarm Book Review

I have Wendy at Wall-to-Wall Books to thank for this week's Shelf Candy idea. Earlier in the week she asked if I had heard of this series. So I scoped them out on Amazon and ended up liking both the descriptions and the covers.


666 Park Avenue (666 Park Avenue #1)


What if your mother-in-law turned out to be an evil, cold-blooded witch . . . literally?

Ever since fabulously wealthy Malcolm Doran walked into her life and swept her off her feet, fledgling architect Jane Boyle has been living a fairy tale. When he proposes with a stunning diamond to seal the deal, Jane can't believe her incredible luck and decides to leave her Paris-based job to make a new start with Malcolm in New York.

But when Malcolm introduces Jane to the esteemed Doran clan, one of Manhattan's most feared and revered families, Jane's fairy tale takes a darker turn. Soon everything she thought she knew about the world—and herself—is upended. Now Jane must struggle with newfound magical abilities and the threat of those who will stop at nothing to get them.


666 Park Ave on Facebook
Goodreads
Amazon - Currenly .99 for the Kindle
Barnes & Nobles - Currently .99 for the Nook



The Dark Glamour (666 Park Avenue #2)


Jane Boyle married her prince charming and moved into his upper east side castle--but she didn't get her fairy-tale ending.

It's hard to live happily ever after when you discover your demanding and controlling mother-in-law is literally a witch, determined to steal the magical powers you didn't even know you had. Jane narrowly avoided Lynne Doran's clutches when she escaped on her wedding day, and has been hiding out in New York City. But she can't hide forever.

When Jane learns of the one thing Lynne wants most, she sets out to provide it, hoping her good turn will persuade her mother-in-law to stop hunting her. Unfortunately, Jane's daring plan will send her right back into the witches' den--the Doran clan's multistory town house on Park Avenue. But thanks to a tricky spell, blond architect Jane will be transformed into Ella, a dark beauty with a whole new look . . . and all of Jane's budding powers. Though the stakes are life or death, nobody said "Ella" couldn't have a little fun along the way, too.


Goodreads
Amazon - Currently .99 for the Kindle
Barnes & Nobles - Currently .99 for the Nook


There's so much to love about these covers...the details, the colors, the continuity between the two. I'm especially drawn to the cover of The Dark Glamour. It's very eye catching and I can't stop looking at the chandelier! The touches of pink in the roses and the candle flames also make the cover stand out.


I saw on Facebook that a tv series is being based off of these books. It starts in the Fall on ABC, cool huh? Click here to see the trailer.

13 comments

  1. These are beyond gorgeous! The colors are kept simple, yet gives enough pop to catch the eye. Although pink is my favorite color, but 666 Park Avenue is my favorite. The synopsis' sound terrific and what a deal at 99 cents. Thanks for sharing. I may have to give these a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very creative covers. love the simplicity and the colors. The art work of the gate and the chandelier is so gorgeous. thanks for sharing. my SCS http://jennreneeread.blogspot.com/2012/06/shelf-candy-saturday-15-twined-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love those covers :) They are so simple but so impressive. I love how they've kept them to almost a black and white scheme with a flash of colour. Gorgeous :)

    My shelf candy is here if you'd like a look :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Jen!

    Let me congratulate you on selecting such incredibly beautiful covers!! I love line drawings, and the ones on these covers are simply exquisite. You know, I'm strongly reminded of the work of English illustrator Aubrey Beardsley, who is one of my favorite artists (except for his..ahem..more erotic work). In spite of the influence, though, these covers really are unique in themselves. And you know what? That chandelier also reminds me of a luxurious designer ball gown!

    Thank you so much for contributing to my TBR pile!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria! I looked up Aubrey Beardsley and I see what you mean about the 666 covers reminding you of him.

      I also accidentially stumbled across one of the more off kilter pieces you mentioned. I laughed out loud...I couldn't help it! Haha.

      I'm happy to help expand your tbr pile :)

      Delete
  5. Seriously a TV series???? Holy coolness! I am so watching!
    Hey Jen we can watch together!

    Great cover choice ;-)
    I love just the touch of color, that is what makes the whole cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, we can definitely watch the show together :)

      Delete
  6. These books look and sound good. Neat covers. Neat story ideas. Judith

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad you found this!
    The other week, I was in my local bookshop and they only had book two. I asked for book one but it wasn't in stock. After I left, I forgot I had not written down the names of the books and couldn't look them up!
    But these are it!
    Awesome!

    I love the covers. The grey, black and white really make the pink and green pop. And the designs are really pretty. Simple, yet interesting. Thank you so much for sharing! I have to add these to my goodreads now!

    Here is my shelf candy if you're interested:
    http://www.thewindypages.com/2012/06/shelf-candy-saturday-31.html

    Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! I know it drives me nuts when I can't remember what books I wanted to add to my list so I'm glad I could help out!

      Delete
  8. these books seem really cool, I've never heard of them until now but I'm actually excited for the t.v. show to come out!
    -Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! OMG! I'm totally getting this! Thanks for sharing!

    BB&B

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and will try to respond to comments as much as possible.