Ten by Gretchen McNeil



It was supposed to be the weekend of their lives - an exclusive house party on Henry Island. Best friends Meg and Minnie each have their reasons for being there (which involve T.J., the school's most eligible bachelor) and look forward to three glorious days of boys, booze and fun-filled luxury.

But what they expect is definitely not what they get, and what starts out as fun turns dark and twisted after the discovery of a DVD with a sinister message. Vengeance is mine.

Suddenly people are dying, and with a storm raging, the teens are cut off from the outside world. No electricity, no phones, no internet, and a ferry that isn't scheduled to return for two days. As the deaths become more violent and the teens turn on each other, can Meg find the killer before more people die? Or is the killer closer to her than she could ever imagine?

My Review:

It was Mrs. Peacock in the Living Room with the rope. No wait, it was Mr. Green in the Conservatory with the candle stick. Or was it the pipe?!

Ten is a quick read that turned out to be a masterful YA whodunit meets Clue. It kept me guessing until the end of the book. The guess I did make proved to be W R O N G **sounds loud, obnoxious FAIL buzzer** but a big kudos to Gretchen for stumping me! 

Although I wasn't shaking in my boots scared I'm still hoping Ten will encourage more ya authors to join the growing trend that's bringing thriller plots to ya novels.

Overall Rating: 4 out of 5

8 comments

  1. i am GLAD you weren't shaking in your boots! since I'm not a big fan of scary novels but i love murder mysteries that keep you guessing!!

    awesome review

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! If you like murder mystery then you should definitely check this one out

      Delete
  2. Hmm sounds good!
    Wait a minute... a book we might actually agree on? This can't be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooohhh I think I'm going to read this book. I like your review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I hope you like it as much as I did

      Delete
  4. I really want to read this book! But my library system hasn't even ordered it yet =(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bummer! Will they order it sooner if you request it?

      Delete

I love hearing from you and will try to respond to comments as much as possible.