Double Review: Parallel Visions (A Psychic Teen Novel #1) by Cheryl Rainfield

Goodreads Summary:

Visions can kill you. Would you risk your life to save someone else’s?

Kate sees psychic visions of the future and the past – but only when she’s having an asthma attack. When she “sees” her sister being beaten, she needs more visions to try to save her, along with a suicidal classmate – but triggering her asthma could kill her. Parallel Visions is the story of one brave, caring girl whose unusual gifts put her own life in danger.





Jen’s Thoughts:

I was so drawn into this book that I’m just sitting here staring at my screen at a loss on where to start with my review. I loved it and I can’t believe I hadn’t heard of it before the author contacted me about possibly reviewing it.

Cheryl Rainfield writes in a way that makes you feel so much for her characters. She also makes you stop and think about what it’s like to experience what the characters are experiencing. You wonder if you would act the same in those situations? Kate is such a great main character and I love that she keeps trying and she continues to fight for herself and others.

Parallel Visions is emotional and suspenseful but at the same time it’s so sweet. It shows that if you find yourself lost in a bad situation it is possible to find your way back. It’s definitely a book I would recommend others read.

Overall Rating: 5 out of 5

Wendy’s Thoughts:

This was the first book I have ever read by Cheryl Rainfield, and I am truely speechless.

The story sucked me in from the very beginning and didn't let me loose until I was finished. It was just so good I had to read it in one sitting.

It does contain some subject matter that may not be for everyone, such as rape, suicide, and domestic violence, but the way it is written is just amazing.

Kate is 16, but has never been a "normal" teenager. She has visions that are brought on by severe asthma attacks. She desperately tries to help the people she "sees" but there's only so much she can explain when people are already skeptical.

I don't want to give anything away, but this book is certainly a Must Read!! I will be recommending Parallel Visions as well as Cheryl Rainfield. I personally can't wait to read more of her work!

Overall Rating: 5 out of 5

Wendy and I received a review copies of this book but that did not affect our reviews in any way

Cheryl Rainfield's website
Parallel Visions on Goodreads
Parallel Visions on Amazon and Kobo
(has not been released on Barnes & Noble yet)

3 comments

  1. Wendy and Jen - I'm so glad you like this novel! What beautiful reviews! I find Cheryl Rainfield to be one of the most compelling authros of YA fiction today. It's such an honor to know her and to read her work! If you loved this, I know you'll love SCARS and HUNTED too. Thank you for the insightful comments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for doing the two reviews for the same book. Made it really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both. I am sure Jen and i will do it again at some point :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and will try to respond to comments as much as possible.