Shelf Candy Saturday (40): The Assassin's Curse & Tempestuous

Shelf Candy Saturday is hosted by A Night's Dream of Books.

The Assassin’s Curse (The Assassin’s Curse #1) 
by Cassandra Rose Clarke

Ananna of the Tanarau abandons ship when her parents try to marry her off to an allying pirate clan: she wants to captain her own boat, not serve as second-in-command to her handsome yet clueless fiance. But her escape has dire consequences when she learns the scorned clan has sent an assassin after her.

And when assassin, Naji, finally catches up with her, things get even worse. Ananna inadvertently triggers a nasty curse – with a life-altering result. Now Ananna and Naji are forced to become uneasy allies as they work together to break the curse and return their lives back to normal. Or at least as normal as the lives of a pirate and an assassin can be.

The Assassin's Curse on Goodreads, Amazon, and Barnes & Noble
Cassandra Rose Clarke's Website





 

Tempestuous (Twisted Lit #1) 
by Kim Askew and Amy Helmes

Recently banished, unfairly, by the school’s popular crowd, former “it girl”, Miranda Prospero, finds herself in a brave new world: holding dominion amongst a rag-tag crew of geeks and misfits where she works at the Hot-Dog Kabob in the food court of her local mall. When the worst winter storm of the season causes mall workers and last-minute shoppers to be snowed-in for the night, Miranda seizes the opportunity to get revenge against the catty clique behind her social exile. With help from her delightfully dweeby coworker, Ariel, and a sullen longer named Caleb who works at the mall’s nearby gaming and magic shop, Miranda uses charm and trickery to set things to right during this spirited take on Shakespeare’s The Tempest.

Tempestuous on Goodreads, Amazon, and Barnes & Noble

 




I love blue covers (Maria, I'm sure you'll appreciate these covers too!) and these are two very unique blue covers. Both sound like good books too!
 
The Assassin's Curse - I like the detailed frame and the sillouette aspect but I think my favorite part of this cover is the title font!
 
Tempestuous - How awesome is the thought of a tornado in a water fountain?! I like the texture of the blue back ground and how the title seems like it's being swept away but the tornado.





6 comments

  1. if you haven't read the assassin's curse then you are in for a great adventure!! I loved this book!!

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete

  2. Hi New addition to the hop and follower of your blog! Would love if you can hop by and follow back! http://bookkraze.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'll definitely check out your blog :)

      Delete
  3. Hi, Jen!

    Oh, you're SOOOO right about me loving these covers!!! I most certainly do! Blue covers will always catch my eye right away!! To me, blue is the most beautiful color in the universe!! So THANK YOU for featuring these beauties!!

    The first cover, for "The Assassin's Curse" is my favorite of the two. As you know, I love intricate designs on book covers, and those ornate patterns at the bottom of this cover are just gorgeous! And I ADORE the calligraphy for the title!! I also love the deep blue (sigh...) night sky, and the Arabian city skyline. Oh, I want this book badly now!!!

    I do like the second cover, but not as much as the first one. However, the composition of this one is PERFECT for the title! And I agree with you -- a tornado in a water fountain is just wild!! This second cover is a very unusual one, indeed! And, since I love retellings of classic literary fiction, I most definitely WILL get this one, too!!

    Thanks for participating in "Shelf Candy Saturday"!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by Maria! Glad you liked the blue picks :)

      Delete

I love hearing from you and will try to respond to comments as much as possible.