Warm Up by V.E. Schwab

Warm Up
By V.E. Schwab

Series: This is a 15 page short story prequel to Vicious which releases September 24th.
Genre: Adult, Fantasy
Publisher: Tor Books

It’s been 297 days since David died – and came back.

He may have survived the avalanche, but the aftermath has been far worse. His wife moved out, taking his son with her, and a devastated David hasn’t left his house since, terrified of the mysterious new power that followed him home from the ill-fated expedition.

After months in seclusion, David’s ready for a fresh start, and ventures out, determined to keep his power in check. But David’s power isn’t the one he needs to worry about.

Warm Up on Goodreads
Warm Up is free to read on Tor.com or .99 on Amazon.

My Thoughts:

This is actually the first I’ve read by Victoria Schwab and I really enjoyed her writing style so I know it won’t be the last.
 
Warm Up is a very short glimpse into the world that the author has created for her upcoming book, Vicious. It kept my attention and left me very curious where the story will head next.  I have a feeling that David will not be a part of it. I’m guessing here but I’m thinking that Vicious will partially be about people like David (maybe?) which would be a good thing because I want to know more about him, his power, and the why’s and how’s of that power.
 
Just a side note: I love the cover for Warm Up! It's perfect for the story.

Overall Rating: 4.5 out of 5

 

2 comments

  1. I'm going to start Vicious this week so I'm was curious about this novella. I saw a link on Twitter but I wasn't sure if it was a before or after thing.

    All my friends loved Vicious so I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad people are enjoying Vicious! I was actually thinking of starting it soon too :)

      Delete

I love hearing from you and will try to respond to comments as much as possible.