Friday Foodie Affair: A Birthday Treat (Recipe Review)


 ...where we profess our love for food and food related things.
 
 
A good friend of mine requested a treat for her birthday which was this past weekend (shout out to the birthday girl if she reads this!). It turned out great so I thought I'd share the recipe with you.
 
This recipe was posted on Facebook and I just wrote it down and went from there but now, for the life of me, I cannot find the post so see what it's called or where it came from. But, thanks to Google, I was able to find the same recipe on another site so I can reference that one. As with the last recipe review I posted I have included my notes in blue.
 
 
Sopapilla Cheesecake
 
 
 
Ingredients
 
2 cans Pillsbury butter crescent rolls
2 (8oz) packages cream cheese (softened)
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup butter (melted)
Cinnamon & sugar
 
 
Directions
 
Unroll and spread 1 can crescent rolls on bottom of un-greased pan.
 
I would recommend sealing the edges between the rolls as needed after you roll it out. I didn't go as far as to whip out a rolling pin (who am I kidding, I don't even know where my rolling pin is!!) but I did press together any gaps with my fingers.
 
Also, the recipe doesn't recommend what type of pan to use but I found that a cookie sheet worked fine. Which I'm very glad for because otherwise I would have had quite the mess in my oven!
 
Combine softened cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. Spread mixture over crescent rolls. Unroll and spread remaining crescent rolls over mixture.
 
I did the same thing as with the first later of rolls. I sealed any cracks and I also lightly pressed the edges together so the cream cheese wouldn't leak out when baking.
 
Spread melted butter over the top and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.
I was in a rush so once again I failed to take good photos.
Also, please excuse my very old, very 'seasoned' pans :)
 
 
My Thoughts
 
I would recommend this recipe whether or not you're a fan of cream cheese. I'll tell you why. I love LOVE cream cheese right out of the package but I don't really like foods with cream cheese cooked into it. Cheesecake, pumpkin rolls, cream cheesy pastry things....no thanks! I really didn't think I would like this but I actually did. Granted I stayed away from the center where the cream cheese was thicker but the edges were very tasty.
 
I will be making this again and I'm sure it will be sooner rather than later.
 
 
Recipe Source
 
Recipe and top photo from My Yellow Umbrella Blog
 
 
 

2 comments

I love hearing from you and will try to respond to comments as much as possible.